Situated on the corner of South Court and East Main Street in downtown Campbellsville is Merle Norman boutique. Built circa 1876, this two-story corner building is constructed of glazed brown bricks that alternate with 6 stretcher rows and one header row. Originally built to house Phillip, Putnam and Company, a general store or dry goods store occupied the building between 1886 until 1915. During those years, Ed Coakley ran a store here as did James G. Phillips and J.R. Davis. The Penn-Ratcliffe Hardware store, the Lay-Simpson Furniture store, and a Western store also occupied this building until 1980 when Pam Richardson purchased the property. At that time, the main entrance was altered and a flared roof was added at an angle to emphasize the corner entry.
Since 1980, Pam has been the owner of Merle Norman boutique. This women’s specialty shopping boutique offers skin care products and makeup, complimentary makeovers, personal shopping services, alterations, and wardrobe updates. Fashion jewelry, all types of accessories from handbags, belts, scarves, shoes and perfume from Paris and New York. Pam offers four trunk shows a year with representatives showing different lines of clothing. Stop by and visit for a while to see all the new items she has in store for you.